Fire News In Brief
Friday 20 February
Two fire crews from Thorne and Doncaster stations attended a chimney fire at a premise on Wike Gate Road, Thorne at 10:05pm (Thurs 19 Feb). It was an accidental fire and the crews were able to extinguish the fire from the grate. The crews left at 10:30pm.
Tuesday 17 February
Thorne firefighters were called out to a kitchen fire on Manor Road, Stainforth at 9:55pm (Mon 16 Feb). South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said it was an accidental cooking fire. The crew left at 10:25pm.
Saturday 15 February
Firefighters from Thorne rescued a man from a canal near West Street, Thorne. The call came in at 2.36am and upon arrival they found a man who had been in the water for at least 20 minutes. The crew lifted him out of the water and attempted to warm him up before handing him over to paramedics from Yorkshire Ambulance Service. The incident had been dealt with by around 3.24am. It is not known how the man ended up in the water.
Sunday 2 February
Firefighters from Thorne station were called out to a ‘deliberate’ rubbish fire on East Lane, Stainforth at 11:20pm. The crew left at 11:40pm.
Monday 27 January
South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue say that at 9pm a settee was deliberately set on fire in the roadway of Chestnut Avenue, Stainforth. Firefighters from Thorne station attended the incident and left at 9:35pm.